Thursday 24 November 2011

"In the beginning..." 23:46

This blog isn't for you before you think I'm writing for a particular purpose or audience. Right now, in fact, I have no plan where even this entry is going. This is entirely for my own interest, mainly as a keen writer, but also just to write something that isn't academic: a hobby if you like or just a time killer to be a little less committed. At this point you might even question (and I'm included in this) whether I like it, yet here I am starting out on a public diary which, quite frankly, is most likely to fail my commitment and perseverance let alone even recieve the slightest morsel of popularity. Nevertheless, encouraged as you most probably are not, read if you please.

Introducing myself and my interests is probably the most cliché way to begin a blog/diary yet this is probably because it actually isn't a bad place to begin. My name is Michael Read, I'm 19 years old and I've just began (September just gone) studying Law at Brunel University, London. I was born in Lincolnshire and have never lived outside of that county for longer than a fortnight until recently, making me miss a desolate and depressing place more than it's worth. But it's home. I have a girlfriend, Hollie, who is training to be a nurse in Nottingham and we've been together for nearly four years. DJing is about as far as my significant hobbies stretch and I've been enjoying that for a good couple of years now, playing at a few minor events here and there. The thing is, my life doesn't hold a massive amount of interest; I'd hope that no one would consider it boring but at the same time, without sounding too pessimistic, it's nothing spectacular. Therefore, I'm actually going to try and write only about things that genuinely are interesting and not simply what I had for breakfast; I daresay there's enough of that self-interested drivel on here already (that's of course unless my breakfast IS particularly interesting). Over the last couple of months I've found that London has so much to offer me. Perhaps talking about such a great city would be a good starting point, who knows. So the blogging adventure begins, however small or large, successful or flawed. Criticise at will; alas, I'll probably join you.

No comments:

Post a Comment